- Kilkenny Flying Club reserves the right to cancel any flight without notice if the prevailing weather is deemed unsuitable for flight. Flight training is highly weather dependant.
- There is a 14 day cooling off period after purchasing online vouchers. After this time no vouchers are refunded (Unless you have attended the airfield for a flying lesson).
- Kilkenny Flying Club shall not be liable for any travel, accommodation or other expenses incurred from flight cancellations due to operational circumstances, including unsuitable weather.
- Vouchers are not for resale.
- Flight lesson are subject to limited daily availability.
- Booking is confirmed by email only. Contact us if you have not received your email booking confirmation.
- We do not contact voucher holders to book in their flying lesson. Voucher holders must contact us to book in their lesson.
- Scheduling is permitted one day at any time only. Multiple days cannot be scheduled simultaneously.
- Vouchers are valid for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase and are not refundable.
- Unexpired vouchers may be extended for a period of 3 calendar months for an additional fee equal to 50% of the original voucher purchase price.
- All flying participants must be a minimum age of 12 years old (adult supervision on airfield premises required for under 18 years).
- Person over 100kg are to advise at time of booking.
- Students should present themselves at least 15 minutes prior to the booked time of flight. Should a participant fail to be present themselves with sufficient time remaining to conduct the booked flight, the flight will be cancelled and no refund given or a rebooking fee of x applied.
- Trial flight participants are strongly advised to telephone the Kilkenny Flying Club prior to departing for the airport to confirm their booking.
- The Captain of the aircraft can, at his/her discretion refuse entry to the aircraft for any reason. Participants are strongly advised to refrain from taking alcohol or any drugs within 24 hours of the period prior to flight. The Captain will refuse entry to the aircraft for anyone he/she suspects may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. No refunds will be given under any circumstances if you are refused entry.
- Passengers wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight may only do so with the consent of the aircraft captain and do so entirely at their own risk.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
- Cancellations or reschedule requests must be made 48 hours prior to the flight time. Failure to give 48 hours notice will attract a cancellation fee.
- Kilkenny Flying Club reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule any flight for operational or aircraft serviceability reasons.
- Unsuitable weather related conditions shall not constitute a cancellation of the Flying lesson since the matter is out of our control. Instead, the voucher holder will be offered to reschedule to another date, subject to availability. Rescheduling for this purpose shall not exceed or extend the expiry date of the voucher. The responsibility rests with the voucher holder to ensure suitable availability to complete the training and Flying lesson before the voucher expiry date.
- As much notice will be issued for any rescheduling but given such dependence on weather related condition it may be rescheduled on the day.
- Unsuitable weather conditions does not extend the voucher validity period.
- We do not guarantee that the flying lesson will take place on the day of your lesson. Every effort will be made but flying lessons as subject to weather conditions. Weather related conditions include, but not limited to suitable visibility, cloud cover, wind speed and gusts, temperature, moisture, rain, humidity, runway condition and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Visual Flight Rules.
- All trial lesson passengers should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP before flying.
- Certain medical condition are prohibitive. Please contact us in advance of a purchase if you have a medical condition. Refunds are not issued for medical conditions. Transfer of a voucher is permitted in this case and must be agreed by us for transfer.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers the operator cannot be held liable for loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Flight Training is a high risk activity that may cause or result in serious injury or death.
- All flight training is undertaken at the participants on risk.
- Participant are required to sign and agree to a releases of liability agreement and make a full written medical declaration. Failure to agree to this will forfeit full value of the voucher.